Monday, August 4, 2014

Sound the Alarm its Time for Nixxons Birthday Party!

Nixxons photo shoot for her Invitation

Food. We had "fire" Dogs, with fire ropes (licorice) Fruits/ Veggies all the color of flames, candies, and fire water along with cupcakes of course! 

Her absolute FAVORITE gift was this firefighter outfit given to her by her best friend. We are still playing with it. I wish I would have thought of it!
We decided to have Nixxons Birthday party the Saturday after her actual Birthday. She is OBSESSED with fire department stuff. Doing something princesses, and rainbows just would not fit for her birthday party theme. So I knew I had to do a firefighter theme for this year. I bought a few decorations online with firefighters. We had a yellow and red banner that read HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIXXON hanging, we had red and yellow crepe paper streamed around the room. Yellow and red balloons filling the floor. It was fun to decorate for this party. I had SOO much help from my mom. She is so creative and helped thing of awesome things to add to the party. She designed name tags for everyone to wear. She got the pictures we did for her invitations and made them big and laminated them so people could write happy birthday messages on them. She designed the labels for the water bottles. She helped me make way too may cupcakes. She helped me to frost the way too many cupcakes. She helped with a lot of the decorations. I could not have pulled this off without my mom.
 I decided to invite my Grandma P., my Grandma K and her Husband. A close family friend and his family (their son and Nixxon are quite the little toddler couple ;)) My four closest friends K,L, M, and A.  I imvited some aunts and uncles but most could not come which was fine.Also Nixxons best Friend M and her mom A. My family obviously came also.
We started by introducing who everyone was and then we opened presents. She opened the first one thought it was neat then noticed that her friend M had brought a HUGE bag. Of course she went for that one. That should have been the very last one we opened because holy cow after she got that one opened nothing else in the world mattered. She opened it to find that there was a fire fighter turnout in there complete with a badge, helmet, megaphone that made a siren noise, and a fire extinguisher. there were a few other things in there but after she seen that her life was pretty much complete. She made us open it and let her wear it immediately. She would not open any more gifts after that and she had at least 15 more to go. She threw a fit in the middle of her party so I let everyone eat the fire hot dogs and cupcakes while we let Nixxons friend M open the rest of her gifts for her so Nixx could play with her fire turnouts. We all just talked and socialized after that. 
Every one soon started to leave. A few people stayed including Nixxons little boyfriend and his family. Suddenly it turned into a full on balloon fight. It was fun to watch the kids be kids and the adults think they were kids. I was glad because it was less balloons I had to deal with later because a few were being popped as they were being used as weapons of war.
Sometime during the party I had gotten a text from Joes sister {L}She was inviting me to a family barbeque and wanted to try to fix our relationship. As nice as it was of her, it was not the time to be trying to become my friend. She was the one who had been posting rude,very untrue things about me on Facebook. I had no want to try to become her friend that is not the kind of person I needed in my life. Not saying I can not forgive her for what she did because I am working on that but you can't keep those kind of people in your life sometimes. I decided not to respond and my lawyer also said it was smart not to either. It is crazy that every day that had been special to me since Christmas Eve, someone from that family had to do something to irritate me to some level. It was really starting to  get on my last nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment