Thursday, August 21, 2014

Serendipity

Serendipity: Fortunate Happenstance, Pleasant Surprise, an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. Among the midst of all of this Joe drama I found my serendipity. I was never looking for what found me. I was to a point avoiding it. But when it finds you, you can't help but embrace it.
I will remember June 14, 2014 for a very long time now. It was the day my best friend {K} was moving back to town for a little while and asked me to help her move. She told me {H} was going to be there helping, {H} is someone I had been on a few dates with. Super sweet guy but Joe kind of got in the middle of it when things started to get somewhere with him. I hadn't talked to {H} since December. I was kind of hoping we would be able to talk and there was no hard feeling since I kinda just dropped the poor guy and had to deal with Joe. I was not looking for a date but I probably wouldn't have turned it down. I really had just hoped he didn't hate me for what had happened even though we were never “together” it was a few dates and that was about it.
When I got to {K}'s house her husband and {H} were loading things into the house. I wanted to talk to {k} because I had just heard back from a missionary that I had been writing, and recently asked that when he got back if we possibly could try to work things out. He told me that if things seemed right he didn't see why we couldn't try things out again. He wasn't making any promises but it was an option in about a year. I was pretty anxious to talk to her about it. So to a point I wanted to wait for this missionary but at the same time I didn't want to put my oh so exciting dating life on hold for a year just for a possibility of getting back together. This missionary is a great guy. Any girl who ends up with him is a lucky girl. Anyway, {H} did not even acknowledge me except for the awkward hi how are you we exchanged and continued to try to shove a couch through the doorway. Well there was that. {H} and I were not going to happen, got that answer. Now I could kind of focus more on this missionary.
My phone vibrated and it was a message from Face book. An old neighbor of mine was trying to talk to me. He was a few years older than me, he had moved away probably when I was in Jr. High honestly I really had never talked to him before and never really thought about him after he left. Just a neighbor that had moved. I opened the message and read “You're Daughter is stinking cute Mic(new name being called there by the way) Its been a long time how are you and your family?”
I looked at {K} and asked her if she remembered him. She didn't but her husband was a year younger than him he had kinda mentioned that he was a jerk in high school. I was a little hesitant to talk to him because of that. Plus I knew that he had a kid also and with my experience with guys with a kid it left a bad taste in my mouth. I decided to respond. I just wanted to see if he wanted something or what.
After a few messages we were talking about school. He asked what I was doing and I told him I wanted to go into criminal justice. Turns out he had just been accepted to the police academy. There was something in common, so we started to talk about that kind of stuff. I was still kind of hesitant because of the whole “jerk” comment but come on this guy was going to be a cop that was a HUGE plus on my scale right up my alley. I decided to keep talking to him and just see. He asked about Nixxon and her “dad” I kind of explained what had happened and what was going on. I told him I was actually scheduled for court in a week. I asked about his situation and he said that him and his daughters mother just didn't work out so he gets her like every other weekend.
He seemed decent and seemed pretty nice so I kept talking to him, and talking, and talking, before I knew it he gave me his number and had me text him. I didn't stop talking to him I liked him. But I was still unsure especially since I was kinda wanting me and the missionary to work out. But I did want to see where this went but I had a feeling it was just going to be a fling. He was going to loose interest in me here soon. That is what always happens.
After a week or two we started talking about CSI: Miami and how we both liked it. I was out for a ride with my family and of course I was texting him. One message scared the heck out of me. “Maybe we could hang out and watch CSI: Miami together?” I was amazed did this really cute soon to be cop just hint to hang out with me? Yes. Yes he did. So me being the overly socially awkward person I am do? Oh I just stop texting him. I knew my parents wouldn't let me, and I did not have three hours to make myself look like cute for him. We had talked about going on a date the next week so I just figured the date would be the whole awkward first date and I would spend way too long getting ready for the date. Then I got a text saying something like “I guess not haha” then I felt bad. I hinted to my parents and they were totally fine with him coming over. WHAT! That was a first for my parents. So I lied and was like “Oh sorry I didn't feel my phone but do you want to come over and we can watch CSI?”
I was about to meet this really good looking guy who seemed super mature and way out of my league. I was so scared I was freaking out trying to throw myself together and my house. He was only about a half hour drive away and that is not a lot of time to make myself look half decent. But he was just going to have to deal with it. I was just going to scare him off sooner that I thought.
I seen him walking up to my door and my heart was racing. I really had not seen this guy for years and now he was like interested in me, and he was feet away, and he was about to knock on my door. I could have passed out right then and there. When he did knock I took a breath and opened the door. Holy cow. This guy was once dang good looking guy. He pulled off a tee-shirt and ball cap off dang well. I invited him and told him my family wanted to meet him. So of course we were making smores and we made smores with him for an hour and it was fun my mom asked him about his mom and stuff and it was not too awkward. We went inside to watch CSI like we had planned. Well we never actually watched it. We spend hours talking about lots of things. Then he was like “Lets go for a walk” it was probably 1 am and he wanted to check out the neighborhood and how much it had changed. We walked around a few blocks for probably an hour. Just talking. We actually had a lot in common. It was nice to talk to a single parent too, even though he was kinda on the other side of what I was doing. But he had been through a court case too and told me kind of what to expect. I was not expecting this at all. I assumed he was going to be way too cool to keep talking to me. But he decided around 2:30 am he probably needed to get going. He looked at me and was like “so this is the awkward part” and put his arms out and I told him it was not awkward. Inside I was dying inside! He actually seemed interested in me! And he wanted to hug me!! We went in for it. Honestly it was the most awkward hug I've ever had. He was trying to do some where hug and I still don't know what happened. We both laughed about it,and then he said “ Are we still good to go out next week?” I told him of course.
This guy was amazing. He actually liked me and I really was starting to like him. As soon as he pulled away I walked inside and as soon as I shut the door all I could thing was “oh my gosh he is absolutely gorgeous”.

No comments:

Post a Comment