Monday, August 4, 2014

Changes, changes and more changes

If having a rambunctious toddler is not enough to keep a single mom busy, why not add a little more to her plate right?? That is how my life felt for a little while. I felt like I was really struggling to keep up on my class for college and I absolutely needed to keep a good grade. It should have been easy since it was one class, but working on potty training, and working a few hours shy of full time I never felt like I could keep up with life.
I was super frustrated with court. It was already frustrating anyway but my court date would not stop changing dates. I would just get one day written off from work and all figured out when I would get a letter from my lawyer saying the date had been rescheduled again. It had been pushed from March to April then April to May. I was to the point I just wanted to get things done and over with.
On top of dealing with that work was getting to be too much. It was just Subway but my boss was always getting on my case because I was a religious person and he was atheist. I did not have a problem with him at all being atheist, that was his choice. But he made it a point to usually yell at me and cause confrontation. One night he spent at least an hour yelling at me telling me how stupid I was for listening to others to make my decisions, and how I could not think for myself because I rely on the church to think for me, and went on, and on, and on and on. I couldn't even fathom what was going on enough to respond to half of what he was saying. Even after that night he didn't stop. It was never as bad as that night but still. I had never forced my religious beliefs onto him and rarely brought it up so why was it okay for him to do this to me? I knew it was time to start looking for a new job. I did not need to deal with that. Plus so many other employees quit so I was working way too many hours. I was super lucky to get a day off. I had worked 20 days straight at one point. Working lots of double shifts and it was getting to be too much.
One day my parents told me about a job for the city in the recreation department as an office aide. I thought what the heck and applied. A few days later I got an email asking for some more information about me. I was kinda shocked.  Then a few weeks later I got a call wanting an interview with me! I was amazed!! I went to the interview so unprepared. I did not have too much time from getting off work late to look too amazing.
When I got to city hall they told me to take a seat and they would come get me in a minute. I kind of knew the guy who was interviewing me because he was actually my next door neighbor. I never had really talked to him though even we went to church in the same ward every Sunday. He and a few other guys who worked for the city sat at a round table around me and asked me questions. I honestly don't even remember what they told me because I was so nervous. Then they had me go type up something simple for them then I was good to go. I got home from that interview and knew I had failed epically. But a few weeks later I got a phone call offering me the job. It was only 9ish hours a week and almost $1.00 less than my Subway job but I wanted to get out of Subway so bad I took it. I decided I would still work at Subway until I could find another job on top of my city job but I was so excited!
Someone had also told me to apply for a CNA position at a new assisted living that was being put in town. I gave the lady my application thinking they wont hire me I have zero experience. Well guess who also got and interview for that job. I was totally nervous for that one too. I barely passed my CNA test to get my certificate so I was sure they wouldn't want me. After I left that interview I wanted to work there also so bad! It was beautiful and seemed amazing. Well a few weeks later I got a phone call offering me the job! That was it! My prayers were being answered! I was getting out of Subway. I gave  my two weeks and was ready to start my new adventures at my new jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment