Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Nixxon!

It was such a bitter sweet day on March 25. Court is never fun, even if you leave with a victory, it is even worse when it is your little girls birthday.  Even though I spent a good portion of her birthday fighting for what was best for her we still were able to enjoy the princesses birthday.
When we got home from court a majority of my family came over to my house to celebrate for a minute.  Not an hour after we had been home we noticed two people on my porch.  We could see them through the window. We couldn't make out exactly who it was but we knew. It was Joe for sure. As soon as we noticed them we all hushed for a minute.  They never nocked on the door or anything. Just put things on my porch and walked away. As I seen them walking away I decided to go look out my sister's room window to see who was with him. It was one of his sister's.  They got in her car and drove away.
Once we knew they were gone we walked out to see what was on the porch. There was a lot of gifts there but the one that stood out was a freaking bicycle. It was one that has the training wheels on it. There is no way she was even close to being big enough for that yet. I don't know why it did but seeing him get her a bike made me so mad. I text my lawyer to tell him what had just happened and what I should do with all of it. He told me first off how kind of him it was to be such a "Disneyland dad" being totally sarcastic.  Then he told me to just leave it on the porch for a few hours and maybe the would see it Still there and take it back.
So thats what I did.  It sat there. I did not want him to ruin this day for any of us. This day was about Nixxon and celebrating how glad we were that she had been blessing all of our lives for two whole years now.
I decided to take my sister's, parents, and my grandma and her husband up to a nickel arcade.  I thought it would be kinda fun for Nixxon. We headed up north and stopped at Costa Vida since they have  gluten free food for my mom to eat. Poor Nixxon was so tired by then she didn't get a nap all day because of all the craziness.  By the time we got to the arcade she was not sure what was going on.
It took her a while to kinda catch on to what was going on. But she found one game that she LOVED.  It was a game that you spray the water and aim it at a target and if you hit the target then you win. This one was firefighter themed so obviously she went crazy for it.  She kept asking her "Bapa" (grandpa) who is a firefighter to play it with her. She could have played that game all night long. It was her favorite. 
We eventually ran out of nickels and it was getting late so we got some prizes with the tickets we had won and left.
When we got home I was kinda surprised that not only did Joe's gifts stay there, more had been added to the pile. We decided just to put them in the garage until my lawyer decided exactly what we should do with them.  I didnt really go through them. I peaked but most were just clothes. I didnt let Nixxon see them as we moved them into the garage.
It was a good ending to a great day. Nixx had a fun time and she deserved a fun day! Nixxons 2nd birthday was a success for sure. Now it was time to get ready for her party in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment