Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I love Mothers Day!

I Love Mothers Day! I get to be around family. We were lucky enough to have a big family party at my house for my Grandma who has like 25ish grand-kids and who know how many great-grand-kids. She is amazing. We were having an open house for her. So my family and I had spend the day before getting the basement (my apartment area) ready for my family to party here. Not going to lie that is a little stressful.
I got my mom a gift along with my sisters. She is saying how she wants things to hang on the walls in this house. So we simply bought her a hanging candle holder and a decorative candle to go in it. Nothing big but we are not really into huge gifts in my family. She loved it. That is all that matters. My mom is amazing and she really does a lot for me an Nixxon.
 I owe her more than I will every be able to give back to her. She is my main babysitter. When I work nights she is the one who takes care of Nixxon. When I am overly stressed out from school/work/Nixxon/Court and my house shows that I am stressed she usually will do a few loads of laundry for me and help me get things back in order. She is my rock. She has been a huge help through out court. She is really good at documenting things for me and a voice of reason if Joe and I got into a fight. She is also raising my two teenage sisters and teenage girls suck. My mom also had a lot of health issues she has to deal with. She recently found out she has fibromyalgia which makes her tired and hurt a lot if she does very much through out the day or the weather is changing it hurts her body. She also has asthma and is tackling a chronic cough that also takes a lot out of her. She also has a wheat allergy so finding decent food for her is kind of rough. She is tough though and handles all of this like a champ. She amazes me.
Nixxon got me a gift for mothers day. How nice of my two year old right? haha. She got me some office supplies for my new office job. I loved them. So thoughtful of her. I was very thankful on Mothers day to be able to be a mother. Nixxon was a bit of a surprise in my life but I am so so so thankful for the opportunity she has given me to be a mom and a single mom. She is a perfect kid for me. She tests me in the ways I need to be tested as a mother. But she is a good little girl.
Soon family started to show up. We had yummy food of course. There was lots of people here to socialize with. I love being around my cousins and their families it is always a lot of fun. Some of my cousins have these adorable little girls who use to adore me and my sisters. Now they absolutly  adore Nixxon. They follow her everywhere and make her little pictures and its so cute. Things didnt change, they followed her everywhere while they were here. They took care of her for me. I am pretty sure they spoonfeed her also trying to play dolly with her. It was cute.
It came time for everyone to leave. It was fun and I was looking forward to the next big family event. Once everyone left and we got things cleaned up I got a text from Joe saying
"Hey happy mothers day. I left some flowers on your porch for you, you dont have to keep thembut if you want them they are there. I hope you have a good day"
I went to look. Yep there was some flowers thrown on my porch. They were definatly the last picks from wal-mart. Half were wilted and starting to rot a little bit. Then there was a card, if that is what you can call it. It was a peice of notebook paper that just said happy mothers day from Joe.
I shouldn't complain or anything because I didnt really want them but seriously? That is what you just gave the mother of your child who has stepped up in your place also while you have slandered her name every which way for the past two years? Ya he is so thoughtful. I saved the "card" to show my lawyer, but threw the flowers out. They were not even worth saving.
Overall I loved Mothers Day. I wont complain too much about it I got to spend it with great people.

1 comment:

  1. Nixxon giving you a gift is just so cute! I'm glad that your mom is helping you out. Being a single mom could be very tiring and stressful, but seeing your child grow up into a responsible young person makes it all worth it. I hope you get to resolve your issues in an amicable manner, as perhaps that is what Nixxon would want to happen, isn't it? Let's hope for the best case scenario! Take care!

    Carlos Strey @ The Bridge Across

    ReplyDelete