Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The "L" Word


Within a month of dating Landon I was hooked. This is a guy who seemed to like me as much as I liked him. I trusted him. I really cared for him. In fact about two or three weeks of being with him I may have let that lovely little L word slip. I won't deny things with him moved along pretty fast but it felt right.
About a week after our first date I had heard someone mention that Landon and I were together. We had not ever actually came out and mentioned that we were together or really told very many people that we were seeing each other. So when I heard this I was kind of shocked. I ended up bringing it up later that day. We both agreed that being together is something we both were very happy with. I mean come on we were darn cute together.
He was my support system as my final court date was coming closer. He made it so easy to talk to him about it and have an actual conversation about my fears and thoughts about all of it. I was so comfortable around him. I knew that I was falling for him and falling fast and it really scared me that I would end up heart broken all over again. I even mentioned this to him one day. I just looked at him and said that this was scary. He asked what was. So me being the awkward thing I am I said that we were either going to breakup or get married. I still remember him saying, “If we play our cards right everything is going to work out just fine”. I got a calm feeling after that.
One night as I was telling him goodbye for the week he was hugging me and I had this extremely strong feeling I needed to tell him that I loved him. I fought it because it had only been a few weeks into all of this, but not that feeling won. He suddenly stopped hugging me and asked if something was wrong. I just looked at him and sheepishly said, “I love you”.
“What was that?” he said
“ I love you” I repeated saying it a little more quiet because now I was embarrassed.
This is were I figured he was about to get in his car, and drive far away and I would never see him again because I just scared this guy off for good now.
He grabbed me again and held me tight and said at least we are both on the same track. Even though he didn't say it back I knew he was falling for me too and he wasn't going to say things that he didn't mean . That is all I needed. Still a little embarrassed but at least he knew how I felt.

Even though we were crazy about each other, and I wanted to show off the good looking man I now had we made a choice. We decided to keep things about us quiet until after court just so Joe wouldn't hear about it and change his mind about terminating his rights. Landon was super good about understanding my fears about that and was fine about not being too public about us. Court was coming sooner and sooner and now I had not just one thing to look forward on that day but I had two.

No comments:

Post a Comment