Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

There is a saying that says " Hope for the best, Plan for the worst," I really should take this saying  to heart. I have a problem that when I see things are going well I assume they will continue to stay that way. I  am a little naive when it comes to that, I assume nothing will go wrong. After I met with Nixxon's Biological father, I learned this the hard way.
I had my sisters take Nixxon to a family members house while we met just in case things got crazy and went south. As soon as I went to pick her up, I received a text from her biological father pretty much just apologized. That led us into starting to talk more, and more. It started to feel like old times when we were dating. I knew not to let my self fall for him because first of all he did have a girlfriend. Second of all I knew he was a sweet talker and I should be careful not to fall for his words because his actions rarely follow through with what has been said.
We talked a lot about Nixxon. It was kinda nice to talk to someone who really wanted to hear about her because they were their parent, even if he had never met her yet. As a parent you still have a connection to your child's father no matter how bad things get. Doesn't mean you love or even like each other but there is always one common thing tying you together.
We talked about how she liked the song "What does the Fox say?" and how he hates that song. We talked about how she is kinda a picky eater but usually will eat meat. I told him how she could eat Swedish fish all day long, and he said that she really was his because that is how he is. It was kinda neat to see the things she got from him. I always knew since the day she was born she had his eyes, and his nose and his hairline but there was little things that I had forgot about after a few years of not talking.
He randomly would apologize for all the little things, I couldn't tell him that it was all okay because it wasn't yet. I just told him that I was getting over it and the better he treated Nixxon and I the easier it would be for me to really get over it and start to forgive him. As much as I wanted to forgive  him I still needed time and needed to see how things played out so I didnt take one step forward and 17 steps back all over again.
We talked about dating. I asked him how him and his girlfriend were, he said they were not together anymore because she was a little upset that he had lied to her and she defended him and it was all a little too much for her. I seriously didn't blame her one bit.   He asked how my dating life was and had asked if I was waiting for a mutual friend that I had recently dated for a few months and had been on his mission for about 6 months. I told him no, I told him that we were writing and if when he got back he wanted to try things out I would love to. We talked about what if we would have gotten married like we had planned and how things have changed. He asked if I would let Nixxon go to his wedding and I told him I am sure I would if things were still working out. It felt weird talking to him about marriage and not to each other. We had always had our lives planned out.
 We were going to get married soon after high school our first baby would be a girl named Jamie(JA his the first letters of his real name) MI is the first of mine and an E ends our names...well my nick name. Then we would have another girl named Anna Mae and one named Priscilla then a son named Porter. We were also going to have a husky named wolfy. He was going to build me the dance studio of my dreams so I could teach dance. Life with him seemed perfect. talking to him made me rethink of all this and  how much farther than that we were. We were not married. Our daughters name is Nixxon. I cant dance anymore, and my parents have a cat.
I still knew even though we could attempt to work things out it wasn't what was best for any of the three of us.
We talked a lot about the things we did together and how fun it was being around each other. It was kinda like a high school reunion, but with the only person you cared about at one point who suddenly let your world crash in the blink of an eye.
Things started to get a little rocky between us when his parents were pushing for him to get a paternity test done. I didnt see why we needed to and he was on his parents side. We began to argue about that. He also started asking me to sign a document that said even after he terminated his paternal rights that I would let him see Nixxon on my terms. I didn't feel okay about it and my lawyer said it wasn't a good idea either. I assured him that I was not trying to pull one from under him but there was no other way to do it other than go to court, and neither of us wanted to go that route. Suddenly we were constantly arguing. Finally he decided he would take his chances in the court room. After a few weeks of always texting and starting to mend our relationship that had crashed and burned a long time ago, he crashed and burned my hopes and trust all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment