Monday, July 21, 2014

The first test I KNEW the answer to. And such a Happy Happy Birthday

After my whole rock bottom I knew I had to take this trial and rock it and not let it rock me. I knew it was going to be tough but I needed to bw strong. 
One day I was meeting with one of my high school friends when my lawyers assistant called me. She asked if I had that next Friday off and I was like ya and she went on to tell me that it was good because we had a paternity test scheduled. 
I was like okay whatever I knew that was coming.  But then I went to tell my parents when it was scheduled. ...that Friday was February 14....my 20th birthday.  Once I realized that I was kinda upset. I cant say I had any huge plans but I surely did not want to spend any part of my birthday around Joe at all. Unfortunately I had no choice. 
Time flew by and after a few days I found myself in the passenger side of my dads car as we headed about a half hour away to go to the paternity test. My dad was coming along to not only help me find the building but to make sure If Joe was there that nothing happened. 
That morning Joe had text me to tell me Happy Birthday.  It was nice of him but I was so mad at him for scheduling this appointment on my birthday. Made my day even worse.
The weather fit my mood. It was a gloomy February day. Cloudy and snowing just a little bit.
We past the building where I use to go to LDD family for counselling when I was pregnant with Nixxon. I thought back to when I was doing counselling and how I use to think nothing like this would be happening for many many years. Oh was I wrong.
We pulled into the parking lot of the address I was given. We drove through the parking lot to see if we could see any sign of Joe because we were not told if he would be there also.  Not too long after sitting there a car pulled into the parking lot.  Joe and his sister Leah got out with a gift bag of some type.
I sorta lost it. I really did not think it was smart for us to be in the same building at all. We had constantly been arguing the last few weeks. I was practically yelling about how stupid this was and unfair.  Joe had not seen Nixxon with his own eyes yet and he was not about to today. My dad told me to calm down a little bit he wasn't going to let that happen.   He then drove us about a block away and then told me to stay in the car and he would go check us in and tell the people that I would be in as soon as Joe left as a safety precaution. 
Soon my dad called me and said Joe was back doing the cheek swab right now and to stay in the car until he called back. A few more minutes went by and my dad called to say he was on his way back. He told me to still wait for him. When my dad finally got back he said that Joe had spotted him in the lobby amd walked over and asked if my dad would give me the gift bag. My dad kindly told them he did not feel that was a smart idea and he would not take it. So Joe and Leah both walked out. Got in the car.  And left.
As we sat in the Lobby waiting to be called in I was anxious.  I couldnt hold still.  Neither could Nixxon but that is pretty common for an almost 2 year old.
Soon the nurse or what ever she is called for me. We went back and sat down. She then asked "so which one of you is NixxIon(Nixxyieon)?" I couldn't help but think Nixxion? What on earth she is not french their is no I  after the xxs. 
I was nice when I said "uhm she is Nixxon." Then I had to give them permission to change the paper work to change the spelling of Nixxons name. I couldnt believe he couldn't even spell her name correctly when it was in his phone from my texts. 
So they stabbed her cheeks which honestly swabbing a toddlers cheek is not an easy task. But Nixxy got a sucker after so she was glad. Then the nurse pulled out a camera and took our picture.  It was a Polaroid so it spit the picture out after it took it. She gave us one and taped the other on to out papers.  She then took Nixxons social security card and copied it then told us we were done. I was confused I was sure I needed to have my dna to be tested against her to prove that I had actually brought the correct child. The lady said nope only Nixxons dna was needed. So we gathered our stuff and left.
I kept teasing that this would probably be the only test that I fully knew the answer to. There was not even a sliver of a chance Nixxon could be any one elses but Joe.
Since it was my birthday my dad bought me a wonderful wal mart birthday cake to eat later. My grandma was also making me dinner that night. I know sounds like such an awesome party right?  Haha anyway as soon as I finished my dinner I got a text from my co workers at subway that they needed me to come in because my boss wouldn't answer his phone. Since it was Valentines day and a holiday weekend they were pretty busy. I felt bad so I told my family I needed to leave and I spent the rest of my night at subway until i finally text my boss and told him it would be super nice if he would come help because my family was eating my birthday cake without me and I had asked not to work that day long before he did. He came in for a like 5 minutes then left. Luckily the store slowed down and I was able to leave. I went home and got Nixxon ready for bed. And we slept.
A few weeks later I got a text from Joe saying "I didn't know if they emailed you or not but I just wanted to let you know that the results of the test came back and she most defiantly is mine haha she was like I little clone of me almost"
I didnt respond. I didn't need to. I had known that all along. I didn't need the DNA to tell me I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment