Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chapter 2- Reality hits really fast

So I jump in the car, and just start bawling, having a complete melt down! I mean who wouldn't?? I am 17 and have my whole senior year to live and a baby kinda is a large speed bump. This guy...hum I shall call Joe, any way Joe tells "Well maybe we should look into an abortion". I was irate abortion is for sure not any kind of option for me. I simply told him no thats not going to happen. We discussed it a little more then we both went home.

Weeks went by and I had not taken another test. And Joe never really seemed like it was a priority. So one day I decided to drive to a distant friends, and buy a test and take it there. No one knew me so it would be a little easier.  I told Joe that I was going to take the test. He said to call him as soon as I found out. I got to this friends house, we picked up some other friends and headed to walmart. I picked out a pricey preg. test and honestly was too embarrassed to buy it. So the friends were so awesome and bought it for me and made it easier on me. Then we headed to a park to pee on the stick again. But by now I was 99.999% sure that I was now like a month pregnant. I peed on that stick and that little + showed up in 10 seconds... It was official I was not pregnant and needed to start getting my life in order. It all kinda hit me. First of all the biggest thing was realizing my senior year on my dance team was over. This dance team is a team was a team I had dreamed about since I was 2, and it was just over. Then I realized I had to tell my parents. How do you tell your parents that your pregnant? So I called Joe...no answer..I tried back again...No answer...and I tried for an hour trying to get ahold of him. Finally I just texted him and said "Guess what your a father". It is not the way I ever planned on telling my baby daddy I was pregnant but I had no other choice. Finally he called me back and said "Oh sorry I was at a waterpark with my friends" I was kinda mad, he knew I would be taking the test that day and still he wasnt concerned enough to check his phone to see if I called. Then he told me to meet him in the school parking lot when I got home and when he did.
The whole hour drive home I was in shock, complete shock. It was all hitting me so fast. Finally I got a text tellin me to come meet him. I told my parents I was goin to a friends real fast. when I got there he just hugged me and said its going to be okay we will figure it out.
By this time I had started to like another guy, and it was going somewhere. He was someone who respected me and had been a long time friend. I forgot that that relationship was going to have to end when Joe told me, lets be official and be my girlfriend. Honestly I didnt want to. I wasnt loving how he had been treating me. I kinda told him how I felt and he said we could hold off. But me wanting my ow n family I fell back in love with him, but he never asked me to be his girlfriend. We started acting like we were dating and getting excited about being parents. If only I knew what was in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment