Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chapter 1-Teenage girls can be a little stupid.

Im sure you figured out what I will be posting about on here, just by the title. I have felt the urge to blog about my experiences as not only a single mom but a single and teen mom. I figured starting at the first would be the best way to start this all out so here it goes...
My story starts out in the middle of summer, not just any summer the summer right before my big exciting senior year. Life is amazing, I am one of the big dogs on my dance team and bound determined to be one of the best dancers on the team. Also I am on student government and can't wait to start planning all  of the senior activities. Plus there is this guy in my life, not just any guy, he is "the one" we had been dating on and off for 4 years now. At this point we are not "officially a couple" because he says its not the right time, but come on I am a teenage girl and I am pretty sure here soon we will be engaged. 
Any whoo... one summer day this "love of mine" and I decide to hang out, we had a blast, and then it was over and instead of taking me home, we decided to have a little "fun". It wasn't the first time this had happened but we always swore it would be the very last. After I got home and got ready for the big  party that we were both going to, my friend picked me up and off we went. We got there and this "love" does not even say a word to me, the whole time. Me, being extremely clingy and "in love" is constantly texting him saying "come on why wont you talk to me", or " after what we did today you cant just ignore me thats not how it works". Yet I get no response. Oddly enough we are back talking the next day and everything is fine.
A few days later, I start to notice weird things on my body change. First thought is "am I pregnant?" then I think that it would never happen to me. So I text the guy and have a minor freak out for dramatic effect freaking out that I think I am pregnant. He says he is sure im not but we can get a test just to be safe.
After a few weeks of me being now positive I am pregnant, I start talking to my best friend about it,  more joking about it. We joke about how fun it would be to be a mommy and get married and celebrate graduation with your own little family.
Finally, the day comes when I am seriously "late" and I tell him we NEED to get a test. So late one night I tell my parents that I am going to a friends when really me and him are meeting up to go buy a test and take it. Living in such a small town is really hard to buy a test without rumors starting like wildfire. We end up going to a 7-11 and pretend like we are buying one for his already pregnant sister to take and scare one of his friends with. Then the big moment comes. The whole peeing on the stick thing. Thats scary enough because for one, I am in a park bathroom and hobos live in it, two,my life could FOREVER change, three, k honestly the instructions said to pee in a cup then suck some up in the sucker thing then put it on the test, and I have no cup so I had to just pee on it and hope it worked. I sat the test on the sink and paced back and forth for what seemed like an hour, the thing said like 3 minutes, but I think I maybe waited one till I looked... At first it said -- so I was like "yes"! then it went +,then I was like "crap" then it just went |....like what does just | mean?? so I assumed the worst and ran back out to his car. The little kids on the playground playing are looking at me crazy as I run to him as I am crying and saying "Its positive, I am pregnant, I am pregnant"! 
His face got super serious and he looked me in the eyes and just said "Shut up and get in the car"

1 comment: