Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chapter 10 Someone is on their way :)

It finally got down to that last week of the pregnancy. I was due March 26 2012, and that whole week I thought EVERY little pain was a labor pain. I would start timing every time something small happened just to see if it was a contraction, but it never really was anything.
On March 24 I went to watch my sister play in a softball tourney. Since I live in a very small down, everyone knows everyone, and knows everything about everyone. Everyone kept saying things like aren't you due today? I had to keep telling them nope I have 2 more days... or there was the whole "still no baby?"  I was   honestly about ready so answer someone by saying "oh ya she came last night but I am just playing kangaroo and keeping her in my pouch" I was a little on edge.
Then one of my moms good friends kept teasing me that when your face swells that is when you know the baby is coming.  Just to add to it she kept telling me that my lips looked huge (they did in fact) I thought she would for sure be coming in about a week.
After the games I was able to just go home and rest. The whole rest of the night I felt sick. I was sure is was just from being in the sun all day long, and not drinking enough water. I went to bed about 9 p.m. At about 11:30 p.m. I felt a really weird pain in my hips, and was pretty sure it was just my ligaments being pulled by the way I was sleeping. So I got up and walked around and went to the bathroom. For some odd reason I looked in the toilet before I peed (weird I know ) but I seen a weird looking thing floating and thought Oh my gosh is that my plug, then figured it wasnt then just tried to go back to sleep, but the pain just wouldnt go away. So I thought I better go to a hospital. I walked into my parents room and quietly said "mom, dad" but they never heard me, so I grabbed my moms foot and said mom a little louder. She sat up and asked what was wrong. I told her I was in pain but didnt know if i was in labor or not. My dad shot straight out of bed and kinda panicked a little we started to time the pains and they were about 7 minutes apart so my mom said to hurry and get  cleaned up a little and I was ready to go to the hospital because my contractions were so close together. When she said that  I got soo freaked out that I was shaking so bad I looked like I was having a seizure but it was just because I was probably having a small panic attack.
We live like 3 blocks from the hospital so I got there super quick. We walked into the ER and they asked what was wrong and my mom answered "I think we are going to have a baby" then they put me in  a wheelchair and wheeled me down to room 32 Labor and delivery.  Here it went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment